HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I just installed a trane uhec 053daca unit in my garage

480v.. Do I need...
I just installed a trane uhec 053daca unit in my garage 480v.. Do I need to install a thermostat and if so to what numbers on the elec-ton board. The numbers range from 1 to 10
Thanks
1/4/2017
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician

Hi Joe, I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

Yes, you need a thermostat to control that unit. It can be unit mounted or wall mounted remotely. You need a pilot duty low voltage thermostat and it will connect to terminals 4 and 5 with terminal 4 being the "R" terminal and terminal 5 being the "W" terminal. A standard heating only or heating/cooling thermostat like you would use on a home ac/heating system will work fine. Your unit heater also has the option to run the unit heater's fan independently. If you want that function you would need a thermostat with a Fan Auto/On switch and the G terminal on the thermostat would wire to terminal 6 on the unit heater.

Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! And remember, follow up questions about this topic are free even after rating. Just post a new reply on this same question and I'll be notified. Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!

Thank you,
Brian

Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician