Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

At 3700 Capri Court, there is a roof top unit Model #

Customer Question

At***** there is a roof top unit Model # CH3-261-E951 with electric heating and cooling, Serial number S1652015-01, under the name of LEAR SIEGLER INC. Do you know whethjer this is a Lennox or any other manufacturer?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: There are filters in the outdoor intake only. By the way this unit is 100% O.A.I, no recirc.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Iam a Mech Design engineer would like to replace this unit with new one.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is used as a make up air unit for corridors of this 6 story building, there are 10 units on each floor and each unit has 2 bathrooms and one kitchen
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I could not find any data on that model number under Lennox or Lear Siegler, or in generic searches using the model number.

There are ways of determining the cooling tonnage though. Get me all of the numbers from the plate spot welded to the top of the compressor. We can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

If you can read the units model number name plate it will have the condenser and evaporator motor data, voltage, phase and HP or full load amperage, that can serve as a double check on the unit capacity.