Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Panasonic 1.5hp Ac keeps tripping off after few minutes

Customer Question

My Panasonic 1.5hp Ac keeps tripping off after few minutes the compressor starts. The freon level reads 70-80 after 7minutes the compressor starts. The units draws too much current before stopping. Even my 2.0hp works under the same condition.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've had the filter cleaned and the condenser dusted. What could be the cause of it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
A technician came to charge the unit and it reads between 80 after 7minutes on before the compressor stopped.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I use 15kva central stabilizer and it brake the circuits each time the compressor wants to starts
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 8 months ago.

Russ here. How old is the unit. Sounds like bad compressor or depending on age of unit a bad capacitor. Russ

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
CU-PC12QKH, I got it December 2014
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Production date 0914 and the serial number is(###) ###-####

That compressor should not be pulling that may amps. The start very easily. The pressure when running is low. Should be a 410A system and pressure running in cool should be about 120 PSI. I would say have the technician ohm the compressor to see if it is shorted or grounded. Russ