HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a trane gas furnace that is having intermittent

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I have a...
Hi Pearl, I have a trane gas furnace that is having intermittent problems lighting. I see the ignitor getting hot but the furnace shuts down prior to lighting.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?
Customer: Thermostat ok. No pilot light, it uses a hot surface similar to a light bulb filimant.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'll take the first shot at it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Seems to work if I reset the furnace via the switch. That seems to get it going again for a few days.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You need to test for 24 vac at the gas valve when the igniter is glowing. Do you have a multi meter?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer