HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have an Aprilaire 760. I just noticed when the furnace

Customer Question
Hi. I have an...
Hi. I have an Aprilaire 760. I just noticed when the furnace runs, the humidifier solenoid valve opens and water goes to the unit but the humidifier fan doesn't run. I disconnected the wire from the humidistat and touched them together and the fan still didn't run. I was going to replace the humidifier circuit board but I discovered there is no wire going from the unit to the furnace. I had work done on the furnace in early 2016, so I don't know if the repairman removed it. Right now, the humidistat wire connects to the 2 brown wires on the humidifier. I also have a spare humidifier controller (Model 4655). Please let me know if I can use that and what your thoughts are on the other items. I also should mention that my Rheem furnace (installed in 1995) doesn't have a 'HUM' port on the control board. Thank you in advance. Matt D
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: No. I did change it 3 weeks ago. Would that keep the humidifier fan from turning on?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping to do so.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think I mentioned everything. I did change the line filter to the solenoid and the water supply tube from the solenoid.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2017
HVAC Technician: HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
HvacmanSean
HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician

Good evening, do you still need help with this issue ?

Do you see a 120 volt plug coming off the humidifier ?

Plugged in I take it correct ?

I'm still here if you would like to continue

It's 11:30pm. I was waiting but I'm going to bed now.

Sounds good we can follow up tomorrow night, I was waiting for a response on if it's plugged into 120volts as well

I responded 'Yes' 3 times.

I'm sorry it never came across. We can work on it tomorrow if.you would like no worries

Ok. Thank you.
Let me know when you wanna restart

Ready to continue been a few days ?

HvacmanSean
HvacmanSean
HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician