Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Apriaire 700 isn't moving water. I have cleaned the

Customer Question

My Apriaire 700 isn't moving water. I have cleaned the lines, when the fan housing is off, I see water moving through but not under operation.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: noticed today, maybe a week or longer. No water, no humidification. Solenoid fees very hot to the touch. Hot water feed but lines are room temp.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what else can I tell you?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
.

If the solenoid is hot, that would indicate that you have voltage trying to energize the valve. But, you would need to confirm that by measuring the voltage to the coil when it is calling for water.

If you determine that the coil is live, then remove the output line on the water valve and see if anything is coming out. If you get no water or very little water, you have a bad valve or a clogged up valve. There is a small restrictor orifice inside the valve that throttles down the water flow to a trickle to flow over the evaporator plates. You may or may not be able to clean the valve depending on how it is constructed. Check those things out and tell me what you find.

Don