HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I'm writing for my mother. She has a Carrier Weathermaker

Customer Question
Hi. I'm writing for...
Hi. I'm writing for my mother. She has a Carrier Weathermaker SX. It turns on. Sounds normal. Then just hums sometimes emitting an electrical burning type smell. It's 60 degrees in the house. Any thoughts on this New Years Day?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 2 days.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Possibly. My brother is there (So. CA.) I'm in GA.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all I have been told. They are huddling by the fireplace.
JA: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?
Customer: It's gas but that's not the problem. The Carrier weathermaker SX is.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 10 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

hello,

this can be a bad inducer motor or a bad blower motor.

Many of this model had a blinking light option on the circuit board that would code after a failure...do you have a way to see if this un it has that provision or to get me a full model number?

I'm awaiting a reply from my brother.

I do not know if I will be online if/when you reply so I will release question. That way anyone can help you when you return

Thank you, Billy.
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Do you still need help with this?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer