HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a mobile home Nordine furnace 90 – F model that keeps

Customer Question
coming on and then shutting...
I have a mobile home Nordine furnace 90 – F model that keeps coming on and then shutting off catch the reset button
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: I have a mobile home furnace Nordine 90 Dodge after model turns on then shuts off it it's the reset button !?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Light turns on runs for about five minutes then somehow the reset button traps and cold air comes in after shut it off and wait
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working fine when I it off last winter !
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 10 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, locate the flame sensor rod on the units wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door. follow the wire to it on the furnace, all you will see is a white ceramic nipple near the fire box... remove it and clean the flame sensing rod with a scotch bright pot scruber pad.

Let me know how that goes, we can continue from there at no additional charge as needed

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer