Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

KLIMAIRE MODEL KSWJ012-H2UL PURCHASED IN 2005---THINK

Customer Question

KLIMAIRE MODEL KSWJ012-H2UL PURCHASED IN 2005---THINK REFRIGERANT IS LOW--NOT HEATING AS WELL AS BEFORE--IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO ADD REFRIGERANT? BOBBY C
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: FILTERS ARE CLEAN--USING ON SMART MODE-- JUST DOES NOT AS WELL AS 1 YEAR AGO--BEEN RUNNING SINCE 2005 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL--GREAT EQUIPMENT
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: IS IT FEASIBLE FOR ME TO ATTEMPT IT? ITS IN MY WORKSHOP
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I DO NOT KNOW OF ANYTHING
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

It is possible that refrigerant is low and not low enough to detect a error code.

Cold Outdoor temp has a big impact on performance even on a perfect installation.

The exact amount of refrigerant is very important and cannot just be added without refrigerant tool such as scale, gauges, adapters and knowhow....

we first have to determine if there is a leak in system and fix the issue if there is, it is not normal to loose refrigerant in any way, even after 20 years....,

This issue should be performed by a qualified technician ONLY.

Just adding refrigerant even if you were able may damage unit severely..

Best wishes and please rate my assistance.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

i NOTICED QUESTION IS STILL OPEN, DID YOU NEED MORE ASSISTANCE?