Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an ultra 105 that suddenly shows a 6 30 code. it

Customer Question

I have an ultra 105 that suddenly shows a 6 30 code. it ignites but then goes back to the 6 30. any ideas
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: a couple hours. we tried resetting
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the boiler appears to fire normally and gets to about 150 degrees then goes back to 6 30
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Hello, so far it sounds like the boiler is tripping its high temperature limit switch which may be defective and tripper before its normal 200F setting.

http://www.weil-mclain.com/sites/default/files/field-file/ultra-series-2-control-supplement_1.pdf

See page 17.

It is also possible that the printed circuit board could be going bad.

Tell me a lot about your technical skill sets so that I can coach you most effectively, look over the manual to get an idea of what is involved, see page 17 for error code read outs (error code read outs are not intended to help a home own work on his boiler but for licensed boiler techs, it gives them a starting point).

If this seems like it might be beyond your skills range, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will look for a well rated boiler service outfit for you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
im fairly handy but I think this is beyond me, you are familiar with the 6 30 trouble code, In watching the system operate it looks like it might be the high limit kicking out, ]
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no I don't , im prepared to call a tech I would like your input before I make that call
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

The error codes are useful, but only about 50% of the time, you will get bogus error codes if the printed circuit board or other electronics are going bad,

Who you call is critical, if you know a good outfit, call them, if not tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will locate one or two for you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, we'll deal with it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We're finished talking.