airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Beacon 45,000 btu hanging garage heater that is

Customer Question

I have a Beacon Morris 45,000 btu hanging garage heater that is about 5 years old. I just replaced circuit board about a month ago and heater was working fine. It will ignite and goes out when igniter stops "sparking". It does this OVER AND OVER...... The green LED is fast blinking indicating control OK & calling for heat.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

1. What is unit model?

2.Have you tried cleaning the flame sensor?Some of these units actualy use the igniter as flame sensor also.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Model BRT-45. Flame sensor is clean. Seperate sensor & ignitior.

Sounds to me like you have a bad board.Number one is because we should continue to keep voltage to valve unless a safety switch opens and number 2 if unit fails, the board should give us an error code rather than say all is fine.

I understand you just replaced board but that does not mean anything with the imported crap we get these days.Just changed mass air flow sensor out on my truck.Called after I replaced first one and asked if they had any more in stock I could try .He looked and said yep ,got another just like it in my hand waiting on you.He was right.Second was junk also. Took 2 parts before we got a good one.