HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Ranni wall heater that will run for just a couple

Customer Question
minutes then shuts off. JA: I'll...
I have a Ranni wall heater that will run for just a couple minutes then shuts off.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just noticed it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know I don't know anything about them
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
12/12/2016
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Welcome to Just Answer

NOTE: I can only get credited for assisting you if you click the 5 star rating at the top of page if you are satisfied with my answer

Are you ready?

The pilot light inside your heater is probably weak and get sucked out by main burner when it turns on, it needs to be a nice strong blue flame that heats up the thermocouple beside it.

It would need to be serviced internally by a service tech.

But for now if you take an air compressor and blow out combustion residue at pilot and main burner it might just work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had a service tech in and it needs a new sensor so this US nitrogen the correct answer. I shoukd not be charged fir this.
Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician