HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The condensation water leaks from heat exchanger near the…

Customer Question
The condensation water leaks...

The condensation water leaks from heat exchanger near the filter and comes on the ground tray. There is no blockage of any sort. What needs to be done for auxiliary condensation tray if it is cracked. This goodman unit is 9 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

It get little wet.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We called two technicians to look into and they are considering to replace the whole of heat exchanger where as there is nothing wrong with the heat exchanger.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
12/12/2016
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

Answer:

That is really a answer that can only be answered with hands on, unit must be taken apart to determine if its a bad gasket or a bad seal or a cracked heat exchanger, there is a good chance that the heat exc. is still covered by warranty,

If you call Goodman with your serial number they will tell you exactly