Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am installing a A/C thermostate RTH2300/RT221 to replaced

Customer Question

I am installing a A/C thermostate RTH2300/RT221 to replaced aHoneywellmodel rth22181039 there are four wires , white yellow green and red.I removed the jumper on the rc to r installed red on rc yellow on the r position the green on the g position and I,have a white wire where does it goes? thanks
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I can't move my screen on my computer
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 20 minutes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I,am reading the instructions on the new thermostat to use the alternate wiring installation ' is here a space for the white wire I assumed is the neutral wire
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: no I do not think is a mayor problem just that the four wires should be conected to work wright
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.

Hello, put the jumper between R and Rc back where was, connect Red wire to R, Yellow wire to Y, white wire to W, and green wire to G... tell me if thats how it was on the old thermostat or not, we can go from there