HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Have Model 800 Aprilaire. Fill lite turns red. Manual says

Customer Question

Have Model 800 Aprilaire. Fill lite turns red. Manual says 'high water probe does not detect water after fill value is energized'. Is the filter just bad and needs to be replaced?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back!

Yes just sounds like a plugged filter on the unit and then the probe is not detecting the water. Replace the filter and you should be good to go!

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I just replace replace the filter while you stay on the line?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Replaced the filter with a new one. The one I took out looks brand new. No deposits, clean. Was wet, so water was getting into it. I don't see anything plugging it. Replaced the filter about 30 minutes ago. Have power On lite green, Fill lite green and Steam lite green. When I reset it this morning, it took about 40 minutes before the Fill Lite turned red.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Fill Lite just turned red. Same problem.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I put in a new filter and still have the same problem. Fill Light is red.