airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have an older model tempo furnace from arcoaire. It was

Customer Question

I have an older model tempo furnace from arcoaire. It was working fine until I put the front panel back on the unit. The unit immediately shut down. I removed the panel, the pilot is still lit, but the unit won't turn on. My thermostat is set to 68, temperature in house 55. Thanks for your help.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

Check and make sure panel s pushing door switch in,Remove panel and hold button in by hand to see if it will come on.We will go from here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I pushed the on button down and now it is fired up. I don't see a door switch. Do I keep the panel off now so it gets more air. Thanks

What dis you push to make it come on? And is this the burner panel or blower panel?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Off, Pilot, On button. The pilot was lit. I pushed it down while it was in the on position, just like pushing it down to light the pilot. The burner panel, covers the pilot on wires

Ok if it the top burner panel you have removed there is not a door button as I was suspecting.If you made furnace work by pushing on gas valve button and putting panel back on earlier made it quit you may just have a loose connection on wires to valve or you may have a bad valve.Unplug wires from valve then replug and see if it will work.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you so much. If any other issues arise, I will post again.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.