Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

New lennox electric ac/heat unit - a/c ran fine all summer,

Customer Question

new lennox electric ac/heat unit - a/c ran fine all summer, turned on heat yesterday, runs one minute cold air and shuts off for about one minute, and comes on again for about one minute cold air, and goes off again. It just continues doing this.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Thermostat set on 85 room temperature is 72. New 4" filter with new unit last July.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Electric source checked out yesterday, and told it was okay -- no problem with the new ac air handler.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.

Hello, can you give me the model number of the outside unit please... and tell me what the dealer who installed it had to say.

So far it sounds like it might be a heat pump model that is over charged with refrigerant.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not outside unit and not heat pump. It is air handler in attic model #CBX25UH-036
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am going to cancel.