Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a rheem ecosense that over heated (code 14) because

Customer Question

I have a rheem ecosense that over heated (code 14) because of the wrong termination on the vent. Is there a way to save it?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: They said starved for air to internally cool, melted the plastic sheet fuse
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I installed it in July, it's pretty new. Rheem said no warranty because of wrong vent cap. I don't know if there is a way to replace the plastic or not
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you send me a pic of what melted?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

A phone call costs more to do did you need one?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can wait
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still there?

What is the complete model off the heater I will check if you can get that. You should be able to replace it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I already spoke with Therm Tech support. They say it's dead and not repairable. I thought maybe in the field experts would have a solution or hack
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Went to Menards bought one and have it installed. Just finished. How do I get refunded?