HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Heater is not igniting. No problem up to 3am this morning.

Customer Question
Heater is not igniting....
Heater is not igniting. No problem up to 3am this morning. Now there is no hot water.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Only in the last 8 hours approx. Shower was taken at 0330 and the next time attempted to use there was nothing.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Able and willing but not sure where to start.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, all else seems to be fine.
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/28/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 12 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What make and model hot water heater is it?

Takagi TK-JR

OK does it fire at all when you turn a hot water faucet on? Also are there any flashing error codes on it?

No sound as usual when faucet turned on. No screen to provide error code unless inside.
Are you still there?

OK have you checked the cold water inlet screen for blockages?

Seems to be OK. Used the flush valve and allowed the unit to refill.

The error code flashing is on the inside open the panel and see.

Took cover off and plugged in. Nothing visible as far as a blinking anything.

Are there leds lit on the board?

Unless they are under another internal cover, there are no LEDs . And air inlets cleared of dust.

Do you see the board?

CLICK HERE

If you flushed it and refilled it there may have been stuff in it and then it will not trigger the unit to come on, hence no errors. I would just keep and eye on it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Thank you

No problem!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH