How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to replace my 8035C ritetemp thermostat because mine

Customer Question

Good morning, I need to replace my 8035C ritetemp thermostat because mine got knocked off the wall and now the screen is blank. Any idea where to locate one? Ive checked everywhere seems like.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: The thermostat. I tried replacing the batteries and within a few minutes the unit started getting really hot.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes only if I can find the exact unit for an easy swap otherwise I'll have someone replace it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No thank you.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 9 months ago.

My recommendation is to replace the thermostat with a Honeywell or Robertshaw rather than another junk RiteTemp. These are the cheapest and least reliable thermostats on the market.

You can get the Honeywell RTHL6350 at Lowes or Home Depot for about 50 bucks.

I will be more than happy to guide you in doing the replacement.

Let me know and we will go from here.