Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I can't seem to lower the temperature on the thermostat and

Customer Question

I can't seem to lower the temperature on the thermostat and it won't shut off. I pressed System Off, and fan automatic? I don't know how to stop the fan from blowing either. It feels like it is blowing cool air? Please help me!
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: That is what I'm trying to do, but it only shows me to set the day, then it says "next", then it says "done". I changed the filter last week? The fan, or the blower, whatever it is. is still blowing for 2 hours now, I don't know how to set it, Help Please!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It is 4:00 a.m. I don't have anyone to help me right now. I just am trying to set the temperature to 73 degrees, and I don't know how.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know what you mean? I don't have the model No. of it, because it was given to me, (I paid for it) by my son's friend, he never gave me an instructions booklet, and I don't know the model No., except it has an arrow going up and an arrow going down, on the right, and it has 3 rectangle buttons in a row, under the screen.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All I wanted to ask was this one question, I can"t afford, and I do not want to join a free trial, please! This is all I want to ask, is this one question regarding the Honeywell thermostat. Am I having to pay $28.00 for this question? Did you already take it out of my account? Thank you very much for your time.
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

If the thermostat fan switch is set to AUTO then this probably isn't a thermostat issue. It much more likely to be a furnace issue. If you want to troubleshoot this I need the brand and model number of the furnace.