HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My goodman heat pump will blow AC air even though the

Customer Question
thermostat is calling for heat...
My goodman heat pump will blow AC air even though the thermostat is calling for heat
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/28/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Give me model on thermostat and lets start by checking proper wiring and setup there..Tell me what wires connect to what terminals at thermostat

White Rodgers model 1f82-261
Blue wire connected to C
White wire connected to w2 and e
Red to r
Green to g
Orange to o/b
Yellow to y

Wiring sounds good. Next verify the O/B switch is set to O

it's set to o

OK that is all good.Do you have a volt meter?

What we need to do is see if we are getting 24v at the reversing valve solenoid in heat mode.

Since the unit energized reversing valve in cool mode, there should be o voltage at solenoid in heat mode.

Sorry sir. No volt meter. I didn't realize it was going to be technical. I thought it might be something simple. Can I refunded my money? Thanks for trying though

I understand.Often it is something simple like a wire in wrong place.Beyond this we would need tools to troubleshoot.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer