HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

What do I do to reset a furnace that has 7 flashes = soft

Customer Question
What do I do to...
What do I do to reset a Bryant furnace that has 7 flashes = soft lock out. Why is it locking? Is this unsafe?
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: I had changed recently. Had a company install a HEPA filter compartment.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: ONly what i can do . Just want to know if I can reset myself. If not, I will contact an HVAC company to check out Monday.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am not as knowledgeable to ask right questions
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/27/2016
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Usually codes for the Bryant and Carrier furnace family are defined by the short flashes and then the longer flashes.

Say for example a 12 would be one short flash followed by 2 longer flashes.

Also the model number and serial number would be helpful and they are located on the inside wall of the furnace.

7 flashes = soft lock out, roll out switch (2) to be manually reset. Bryant Model 359BAV060100aaaa, s/n 0910a59770.

Good morning

The roll out switch is located on the draft hood, it is the square metal box at the top of your furnace and switch is attached to the right hand side, here is what the switch looks like, press in the red button to reset.

http://www.bcfurnaceparts.com/products/250-DEG-FLAME-ROLL-OUT-SWITCH.html

Hope this helps

NOTE: I can only get credited for assisting you if you click the 5 star rating at the top of page if you are satisfied with my answer

Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician