Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I can't find the red reset button on my Amana air command

Customer Question

I can't find the red reset button on my Amana air command high efficiency 80
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I shut off the thermostat, turned it all the way counter clockwise. I shut off the main power switch on the furnace. Filters are only 2 weeks.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if it only amounts to turning knobs and switches. But I don't plan on disassembling any gas pipes or valves or circuit boards.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything else. Maybe just to tell you that the blower works and after examining the furnance for an hour, I have not smelled any gas. Actually, the blower has been on all night, but there is no flame. However, I did notice the that the igniter unit seems to be working --- I saw it briefly turn on and glow a dull orange for a few seconds. I THINK it is supposed to do that. Gas supply within the furnance seems to be shut off somewhere. Hot water has gas coming into it, and it works ok. Stove and living room gas fireplace both work ok too.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Can you give me complete model from inside furnace in burner compartment so I can provide guidance with this specific unit.Model will be on a label just above burners on right or left inside panel

http://i.imgur.com/U8b0GXT.jpg

Then look in blower compartment and see if we have a control board with a blinking light.If so tell me the pattern of that flash.That will indicate what is wrong and tell us where to start troubleshooting.