Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Im sitting in front of my nordyne. Last wkd blower came on

Customer Question

Hi. Im sitting in front of my nordyne. Last wkd blower came on but shut off cause ignitor woudlnt light. I've replaced the ignitor 3 times over the last 13 years. so I bouht a new one. But just in case I jumped the gun I am looking at it now. Now it won't even start to blow
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I think there is an error code. Its flashing sloooooly 12 times before the green flashes once quickly
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: I bought the house 13 yrs ago and it seemed old then. No error codes that i know of. Honestly i didn't know about error codes til tonight as I googled it. In the past I had a guy come out to tell me it was the ignitor the first time. Once he showed me how to tell that, I have always replaced it on my own. This time though I swear something is missing. THere's no button that gets depressed when you put the door on. Was there one you tink before?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I have the new ignitor, but without it even blowing, not sure that's the real problem.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I tried to reset the roll out switch, but it doesn't really depress. Its kinda just...there.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 8 months ago.

do you have a model number?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Replaced igniter. Fiddled with thermostat. Its working. Thanks anyway.