HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a odd problem with my heating system at moment that I

Customer Question
cant not figure out JA: Did...
I have a odd problem with my heating system at moment that I cant not figure out
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: thermostat settings are correct & put a new filter in 3 days ago problem i am having is, with the furnace off on the controler, there is still heat coming up through the vents, as if the furnace was still on & heating
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I am able yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes, the blower squirrel cage was replaced about 3 months ago
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when you hold your hand over any of the vents, you can feel heat coming out of it. It's currently 54 degrees outside, so i know it's not heat coming from the vent tubes under the house. & during the summer, when the AC kicked in, it blew hot air for the first minute or 2, at the time, was figuring it was do to the heat outside, but since it has cooled off, & still does it, believe the heat coils are staying on for some reason . All I know is it is eating my electric bill alive.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/25/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 12 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Sounds like you have a heat sequencer stuck closed allowing elements to stay on.What is model on the unit?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer