HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Whats the correct wiring for gas valve 36c94-303 i have a

Customer Question
394gaw036100 bryant furnace...
Whats the correct wiring for gas valve 36c94-303 i have a 394gaw036100 bryant furnace
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/23/2016
HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 12 months ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! Please allow me a moment to review and I'll be back very shortly! Thanks for your patience!

Ok

I'm sorry but I'm not able to fulfill phone call requests tonight. I am more than happy to continue here in text format though :)

Thats fine i just need to get this fixed

Ok then let's get it fixed! Your gas valve has terminals 1 thru 4 correct? Then you have a pilot ignitor (the module that has the spark wire coming off of it) that has terminals 1 thru 6 correct?

It says 1 thru 4 numerals on gas valve...but the rest of the terminals are wired to gas valve
Im trying to figure how how to correctly wire the new gas valve due to the old one not being the same the old one had 1 thru 4....1 had white wire 2 had 2 black wires 3 had yellow and 4 was green

Ok, let me sort through this a bit. I have the diagram for the new gas valve and the diagram for the furnace. I can see how the new gas valve is different. On the old gas valve was 2 and 4 jumpered together? That's how the diagram shows it.

the black spark box has 1 thru 6
it was jumped together

Ok, thanks. Let me sort through this and I'll be right back. It shouldn't take long.

Is the green wire that was on the old gas valve terminal 4 a ground wire?

It has a smaller Spade terminal connection

I'm just confused by the green wire that went to 4 on the old gas valve. Can you tell me where the other end of that green wire goes?

All I can see is that it goes under or to the black spark box I can't see without removing the burner assembly sparkbox is wedged in a corner underneath the burners

Ok, well if 2 and 4 on the old gas valve were jumpered together, it really doesn't matter. I just wanted to be doubly sure since I couldn't understand and the wiring diagram doesn't show it. This is how you should wire the new valve:

Ok, on the terminal strip on the gas valve:

*The two blacks that were on 2 go to 2, you should also wire the green wire here, this is the gas valve common. (MV/PV)

*The white wire that was on 1 goes to 1 on the new valve, this wire comes from either Gas3 on the board or terminal 3 on the spark module. This is gas valve Main valve (MV)

*The yellow wire that was on 3 goes to 4 on the new valve, this wire comes from the spark module terminal 1, this is gas valve pilot valve (PV)

*There is no connection from the furnace wiring at the new gas valve 3 terminal. It is just a landing point for the gas valve pressure switch to connect to the pilot valve wire.

Wire that up and let me know if you have problems.

Hello again, I'm checking to see how your gas valve challenge went. Did my wiring guide help you get your furnace back up and running? I you'd like more help, just post a new reply and I'll be happy to continue our conversation.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician