HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a gas fired boiler heating system, that has the hot

Customer Question
water tank for kitchen and...
I have a gas fired boiler heating system, that has the hot water tank for kitchen and bathrooms as part of the system. The problem is the hot water system is only running at about 95 degrees, and the heating system is only heating about 1/2 of my house. I believe the entire system is on a one line piping system that returns to the boiler. The area that is not heating is the end going back to the boiler
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I just had a service guy come in and he replaced the fuel mixture cone. I don't believe I have any filters. He checked and said it looked like I had enough water in the system, and no air came out when we opened the air bleed valve
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, unfortuneatly I have a flea problem that I have been battling and until I can ensure all fleas are gone in the basement, he will not return.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What I am going to do is is detail my system tonight and contact you tomorrow. I am an assistant QC manager, Was an engineer at Whirlpool for 25 years, and a manager at Chrysler for a year. I have a good background in plumbing, and I have watched the repair guy repair it several times. My thoughts are that there is a partial blockage somewhere, as the water is circulating as the cooler section is not hot, but warmer than the walls they hang on. The radiators are cast iron, that are about 35 years old with black iron piping.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the brand and model number of your boiler? What is the brand and model number of your indirect fired water heater?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer