Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a munchkin boiler in a home we just purchased, it is

Customer Question

I have a munchkin boiler in a home we just purchased, it is indicating a F10 error, we are trying to get someone local here to come out and debug. Is this an error code I can fix, on my own?
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: Just moved in on Friday. It was working fine thru Sunday. This morning woke up to a very cold house. Not aware of what the previous owners experienced.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I know what the root cause is and it does not require replacement parts or need a certified repairman.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

An F10 is loss of flame signal which is usually caused by a dirty/oxidized flame sensor and/or a dirty combustion chamber. You might be able to clean the flame sensor but cleaning the combustion chamber is a job for a pro. Cleaning the flame sesnor will require some mechanial experience but it's not extremely difficult. Before you dive into this cycle the power off then back on with the thermostat calling for heat. Look into the viewing port for th ecombustion chamber. Does the burner fire up? Is the flame stable?