HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Have rheem e-12 10 gallon sanitizer heater which throws the

Customer Question
re set button after 30...
Have rheem e-12 10 gallon sanitizer heater which throws the re set button after 30 minutes run time.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: for about a week.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: this unit is being checked by a certified electrician
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: the thermostat is working. this unit is being used as a closed loop system which heats a heat exchanger. is is filled with 100% glycol, not water. It has a circulating pump and a flow meter . pump is flowing 6 gallons a minute
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I use these heaters for this same system for 16 years. this is first with this issue
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
11/22/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, is this what you have?

So far it sounds like its tripping on its high temperature safety cut off. That would happen if the water flow through the water heater is lower than its minimum rating.

Look at the water heaters name plate for its minimum flow rating, and measure the hot water flow if you can (if its a booster heater for a commercial dish washer, see if you can find a flow rate adjustment on the dishwasher and increase the flow rate)

We can go from there

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer