Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a oil furnace that went out. I replaced the fan,

Customer Question

I have a Coleman oil furnace that went out. I replaced the fan, capacitor, thermostat, and had to replace some wiring. I am having trouble gett everything connected again. I have orange, yellow, and green wires I do not know what to link them to.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Where did the wires come from?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The wires are coming from the transformer, capacitor, and limit switch. I had to replace the molex 9 pin connector. I have the wires placed as they were running into the male end from the fan motor, and thermostat.

Do you see the wiring diagram on the unit?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There isn't one. It looks like there used to be but it isn't readable now.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I added a picture of the wires above.

I did not get any pic?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is attached to the response at 10:34. Have to click on the image.jpg hyperlink. I'll attach to this one as well. The wires left that I haven't been able to connect are seen in these first two pics orange, yellow, green, and brown. You will then see a pic of the male portion of the 9 pin connector which is wired as it was before removing everything. I just need to know what wires to combine and wire to the female end of the connector.

You would need the wiring diagram to get that correct./