HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a kenmore gas dryer 110.73932101 It was short cycling

Customer Question

I have a kenmore gas dryer 110.73932101 It was short cycling so I replaced the gas valve coils and checked vent and it is still shutting down in 30 sec or so.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Remove the vent pipe from the dryer and turn it on, is there good strong airflow? If so leave it off and see if it still short cycles. Let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think there was a blockage in the blower duct. I cleaned it up, everything is good.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for all your help
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.