Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an older Taco SR 506 6 zone themostat relay, that

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I have an older Taco SR 506 6 zone themostat relay, that appears to have shorted out, where the feed from the boiler, comes into the relay.. When I removed the cover, the Circuit board was "crackling", and was melted and singed up pretty good. I just had turned on the heat for the first time for the season, about 3 hours ago......What could have caused this? Obviously, I have to replace the relay..What is the newer version (Old one was Obsolete as of Nov., 2013)
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Possible a short in the board or from a seized pump. Newer versions have fused protection from pump overloads/locked rotor. The same model is still available with a few upgrades. I'd just get a new one this it the best available relay and it's cost competitive.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I ask additional question?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Sure thing

Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

What is your question? there is no extra charge for for additional questions related to the same topic