HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My son's lennox furnace will start, run for about 10

Customer Question

my son's lennox furnace will start, run for about 10 minutes, produce no heat and turn off.what to do?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: yes, I did check the thermostat ( its OK). I did not check the filters. It has worked well this season till now.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: only if it's simple.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's all I know now.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You will need to remove the panels on the furnace and see what error code is flashing on the board, there is an error code list on the backside of the panel to let you know the error. You can post it back to me or go through the troubleshooting for the code.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not on site to examine the furnace. I am at my home after leaving his house with no heat. Where is this panel located inside the furnace?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no, I think I've been ripped for 5 bucks. thanks!