HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a Water Furnace/Envision model.........The red light

Customer Question

I have a Water Furnace/Envision model.........The red light is on in the upper right hand corner of my thermostat and on the unit itself there is a red light flashing next to the Water Flow. I can turn the unit off and then back on and it will right itself for awhile and then do it again. I called my local HVAC guy and I don't think he knows any more about it than I do. Help?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I think it's something simple
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

This could be a couple things, but try to reset it first

1. To reset the unit, repeatedly push the SYSTEM button on the thermostat until the display reads OFF.

2. The unit lockout indicator light will remain on for up to 15 seconds after turning the system off.

3. After the unit lockout indicator light goes out, turn the system back on to the desired MODE.

4. Unit operation should resume within five minutes if heating or cooling is required.