airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

American standard model cub060a936c4 unit blinks 3 time's on

Customer Question

American standard model cub060a936c4 unit blinks 3 time's on cdoe, and unit is not turning on/ lighting burners.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

The 3 blink code indicates that the pressure switch is not closing.The first thing that happens on call for heat is the small vent motor(inducer) should come on and pull a vacuum on the pressure switch closing it.

So our first step is to verify the inducer vent motor is indeed coming on.We will go from here

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yep, tested the valve this morning by suckling tube, it had a small crack on the rubber tubing. And the inducer fan had 120v going to it, but something had lodged in the fan blades and and it could not turn. Almost bought a new motor assembly, but was able to free it up, cleaned total unit with wet vac and resembled unit. Working great and no fault codes. . Didn't realize the lager lack plastic cover on the motor spins while on.. nice feature to see if the motor is frozen or lock rotor. Free spinning now. Thanks. Several steps on checking the unit out was left out, but went through it thoroughly. Old ac guy and appliance installer, was a electrician, now sell industrial electrical equipment. Plumber, roofer, painter gas, and carpenter experience. . Sorta all around. If a human made it, my moto is I can fix it..lol

Glad you got it working.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.