HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My heater is not heating, filters are a little dirty

Customer Question
hello my heater is not...
hello my heater is not heating
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: filters are a little dirty settings are good the blower its good when i turned it on it turns on right away but when i put it on auto it wont turn on
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i can try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the blower its a model E2EB-015HA and my coil is a mortex 96 series
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

OK so fan works in FAN On but nothing in heat,No elements or blower?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

correct fan works perfectly fine when i turn it on but when place on auto and temperature drops below SET sometimes it works both fan and heat sometimes it doesnt

How about right now.If you turn to heat will it come on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

no it is not working right now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

so i had the thermostat off to see if i could find a part number to order a new one and when you said to try tightened the caps i put it back on and heater and blower started working without touching anything and this is my issue sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

and to be honest with you i think its the thermostat cuz it makes a click sound and i just have the feeling that sometimes it doesnt send the msg to turn heater on because when i put it on the ON it will turn on right away and when i put it on auto sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt

Lets forget thermostat right now, Jump it at the furnace.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

ok im at the furnace

Twist red and white together.If heat comes on disconnect. Then repeat 3 or 4 times.If it comes on every time you will know thermostat is the problem

Did it come on?

twist red and white cables together?

HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 12 months ago

The red and white that are in tan wire nuts.Loosen wire nuts and connect them together.Heat should come on

connect all of it together or just the big ones

Doesn't matter, you can leave all together or separate they just go to thermostat

ok and that should turn on the heater and blower?

Yes

ok they are connected and its not on yet

im sorry but i dont know where to find the contactor can you send a picture of where it is

Remove the screws and take this panel off.Then send me a clear picture and I will show you where to check. Note you can kill power while removing panel so you do not touch anything hot wit the panel.Then remember to turn power back on before testing for voltage

i only have this you think it is going to work out?

That one will not read 24v we will need one like this.

you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innova-3300-Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665

ok got it tested them and it doesnt reas anything follow it check the breaker and it doesnt read anything checked the cables after the breaker and nothing

OK sounds like breaker is bad if no voltage from breaker

how do you explain that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt?

If you have no power it will not work.I am going to open to other experts who may be able to help from here.

I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

If no expert can help and you are unsatisfied, we can request a refund of your deposit

ok so i checked the breaker at the main breaker and it was off im sorry i checked again at the breaker and i have power now its just turning heating on and off but the blower will not respond!

I am about to leave office tonight.I will leave open so other experts can help.Will check on the s tatus tomorrow.

i feel like you may know the answer to my problem i checked the white and blue cable that you told me and it doesnt have any power to it

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician