HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have an error code 13 on a Plus 80 with a Honeywell

Customer Question

I have an error code 13 on a Bryant Plus 80 with a Honeywell electronic filter. Furnace will kick on but blower shuts down after about 2 minutes. Checked vents and exhaust for any blockages.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

that is a thermal limit lockout, is the filter clean and is the main blower running fine?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Blower comes on but shuts down after approx. 2 minutes

Check the rollouts on the unit one of them is opening due to a overheating issue.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the rollouts tested good for continuity. after powering back up furnace ran for about 3 minutes then shutdown and received an error code of 33
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
blower and fan seem to be running o.k.

When that is happening you will need to replace the control board to fix it, that happens a lot.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

You can get it online or from a local supplier.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The blower motor is not running. I disconnected blower from circuit board to isolate and test it, and then hooked it up to an outside source (acorss the common(white) and black lead), and I repeatedly blew the circuit breaker on our house panel. There are 4 leads from the circuit board: white, black, red and blue. Do I need to disconnect them all to test from an outside source?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I said earlier - yesterday - that the blower was working, I was mistaken.) I am trying to confirm that the blower is working prior to purchasing a new controller board.

If the blower is not running that is why that is happening, can you hook up Black and white and see if the blower runs?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think I need to clarify: With the blower hooked up to the furnace, the furnace kicked on, but the blower did not.
Then, I disconnected the white and black leads from the circuit board, and hooked the black and white leads up to a 120V household power source. When I did this, the house circuit breaker tripped. So when you say "can you hook up black and white and see if the blower runs?", the answer is yes, I can, and this trips the circuit breaker. Am I using the correct voltage - 120V? Thank you for your help.

The blower may be bad, it should have come on and not have blown the breaker

Does the motor hum if you set the thermostat to FAN ON and does the blower spin freely?