Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have Gas Rheem furnace that does not heat. At the very end

Customer Question

Good morning,
I have Gas Rheem furnace that does not heat. At the very end of last winter season it stopped working. The AC has worked fine this summer but when I went to take a look at it this weekend I started the heater function up on the furnace and it started working fine. I then changed the filter getting it ready for the winter season and now it will not start up and blow hot air.
The fan starts and the glow plug heats up and get bright red but it will not fire up the gas jets and switch to the higher fan speed.
I have a Model: UGVH-07EAUER
Serial Number: CY5D302 F4093 5316
Any Ideas what is not working?
Thank you,
Brian
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The most likely culprits are a bad gas control valve, a bad control board or a bad connection between the board and the valve. You'll need a multimeter to determine which one is most likely.

Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Do you have more questions?