Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Just moved into a new home and noticed some aqua colored

Customer Question

Just moved into a new home and noticed some aqua colored stains in certain parts of my HVAC system. See pictures for details.The units have been checked and the service company said they are in really good shape and nothing seems to be leaking.I am still intrigue about what could have caused the stains and what can I do to avoid them. Also, any suggestions in how to clean this would be welcomed.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Looks like algae. Common household bleach should clean them up. They're caused by algae growing on the surface because it's wet from condensation. If you insulate the piping the condensation should stop

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I will try and let you know.
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

ok