HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

The battery ran out on my thermostat and now it won't turn

Customer Question
on. Venstar t0130 JA: Just to...
The battery ran out on my thermostat and now it won't turn on. Venstar t0130
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I believe specific to the themrostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible. I want to know if there is a way to unlock a security setting
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Did you replace the batteries in it? Also what is the model thermostat?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did replace the batteries. Venstar T0130

Is it locked or what is it doing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fan works but the auto won't turn on and the compressor won't turn on. Once I replaced the batteries, the thermostat took a few to regain display
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
never mind. It is working now

Yes there is a 7 min delay before they will start typically.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks. Have a great night

You too!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH