Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My ruud achiever 90 plus heating unit will not run. I have

Customer Question

my ruud achiever 90 plus heating unit will not run. I have set the thermostate to heat and run the temp up to where it should come on. I took the panels off to see the indicator lights the power light comes on and stays lit the second light comes on for about 7 or 8 seconds then it goes out and starts blinking 2 times. it will blink for about a minute and then go out for 5 minutes. ruud model rcfl-hm4821ac
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: i changet the filter and double checked the thermotate settings
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i have checket the pressure switch and also checked the power out of the voltage reg. it seems to be fine
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is Luke

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating when we are done

Are you ready?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my ruud achiever 90 plus heating unit will not run. I have set the thermostate to heat and run the temp up to where it should come on. I took the panels off to see the indicator lights the power light comes on and stays lit the second light comes on for about 7 or 8 seconds then it goes out andstarts blinking 2 times. it will blink for about a minute and then go out for 5 minutes. ruud model rcfl-hm4821ac.
i changet the filter and double checked the thermotate settings.
i have checket the pressure switch and also checked the power out of the voltage reg. it seems to be fine
Expert:  airheatman replied 8 months ago.

Two blinks indicates the pressure switch is not closing. Does the small vent motor come on as soon s you call for heat?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

OK next do this. Take the hose loose from the inducer and leave attached to the pressure switch.Start furnace and as soon as inducer vet motor starts, begin sucking on the hose and see if pressure switch will close and ignite furnace