HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

LG SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER NOT WORKING COOLING LED BLINKS ONCE

Customer Question
THEN HEATING LED BLINKS 6...
LG SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER NOT WORKING COOLING LED BLINKS ONCE THEN HEATING LED BLINKS 6 TIMES
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1 day
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on the issue
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Unit may still be under 5 year warranty
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Filter is clean, I do not know where the thermostat is, we use the remote
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
11/8/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is***** see your question stumped the panel here.

I just logged on and saw you had not received an answer yet.

I am willing to help you if you still need assistance. Just let me know how the project is going and I can help you or close this question for you.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

Billy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Billy, I was able to establish this was caused by an outdoor unit coil overheating problem, the system failed to reset itself when the temperature came down. I resolved the issue by switching the power on the circuit breaker on the main board off, waiting a short while and switching on again. This forced the unit's main board to reset itself and the system is now working properly.
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer