Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

How do I change batts in my 1F78144 70 Whit Rodgers home

Customer Question

How do I change batts in my 1F78144 70 Whit Rodgers home thermostat? LED read "LO BATTS" How do I accesss batts to change?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I think it is specific to the Therm. Does te larger unit have batteries?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I assume it is simply removing the face cover and replacing the batts. but I fear breaking the face plate since there seems to be no button or lever to push to remove it> Use a screwdriver in the crack?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We are in a condo and the therm is mounted to the wall very firmly and is not easily removed. Batteries I assume are AAA's inside the wall mounted therm, thus to read out in the temp window "lo batts"
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The cover just pulls straight off. Just grab the top and bottom and pull it off the wall. The cover should come right off leaving the back plate with the batteries attached to the wall

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
will try it- lasat try I feared breaking it it was so firmly mounted thanks will try again
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

OK

Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

How did it go?