airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I just replaced my P251-2302 blower motor and now my outside

Customer Question

I just replaced my P251-2302 blower motor and now my outside Carrier air conditioner motor will not start. The blower motor is fine. Can there be any connection the wiring was not changed.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Filters clean and thermostat seems fine. the outside fan sounds like its staging.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes would like to and very handy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That it the air conditioning was working fine before the replacement. But the wiring was not changed.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 8 months ago.

Give me a few more details.Tell me if you get a clicking or anything at outdoor unit o call for ac and if you have a volt meter for troubleshooting?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Looks like the capacitor is bad. It's original and about 16 years old. Top is domed and no readings on the ohm meter.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I ordered a new one.

Yep that is definitely going to be the problem.When one puffs up if is bad.

http://i.imgur.com/xwlfLe8.png

If you have any more problems after replacing just let me now

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will do.

Look forward to hearing back as soon a you get capacitor

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Put the new capacitor on and everything is working fine. Interesting that my blower motor, blower motor capacitor and air conditioner capacitor all went bad within 10 days. All were original equipment going almost 30 year on the blower and capacitor and 16 years on the air conditioner capacitor. But all functioning fine now.

Excellent news. That is strange but not that uncommon to have two issues at once.Customer often wonders sometimes when I go on a call and find two things totally unrelated wrong at same time, but it does happen.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.