Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  City & Guilds Plumbing and Heating Engineer
46681511

Rick, I too have an IFLO Digistat +2RF - the problem is that

Customer Question

Hi Rick, I too have an IFLO Digistat +2RF - the problem is that when on auto the heating doesn't come on yet when I use manual it does, but only if I raise the temperature quite considerably. We normally have the heat on at 20degrees max but I've had to go to 26 for the boiler to actually start!
Your advice would be very appreciated (and even if you suggest to bin it!)
Many thanks,
Kevin
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 11 months ago.

Do you get an indication the heating should be on but isn't?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's correct as the auto was on and the heating was set to come on at 6:45, but didn't. I get the impression the thermostat 'thinks' the house is warmer than it actually is.

Do you get a flame indication when calling for heat?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Andrew, and yes, the flame light comes on, but again, only when I raise the heating to way above the norm temperature.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I should add that I did 'mess about' with the User Options, but doubt that should cause it to mis-read the temperature in the house.

It sounds like the stat is failing to register the temperature correctly, but works correctly otherwise.

If you want to buy a thermostat to work out how far out it is and work around it yourself the that would work, otherwise replace the unit.