HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a front panel to my heating unit that no longer

Customer Question

Hi. I have a front panel to my heating unit that no longer responds to the touch screen. Can I have someone come help?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is the touchscreen lighting up at all?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Front panel fell off of base due to hubby active sweeping in hallway. Crack in screen. All icons appear. No action when I press. Date and time is accurate current temp. Perfect. Cannot do an action. Is there a reset button?

If the screen is cracked it will need to be replaced nothing will be able to fix that. The screen is the touch device, you need to replace that part.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!