Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Im having trouble getting my intertherm furnace to start,

Customer Question

Im having trouble getting my intertherm furnace to start
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: yes it was running but loudly and i cleaned it the fan will turn on
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i did im a red seal electrician
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i pulled the burner motor to oil and put back in and it spins great when i hooked it to straight 120v with a cheater cord and when installed it spins freely on pump the honeywell controller is humming when calling for heat no electricial was touched
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the model number of your furnace?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I got it to fire it was the hi limit reset. But now the motor overload reset is tripping and can smell motor. It's a 461340 and the burner motor is beckett 2456. Would you have an internal diagram for the motor.
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

If we have a problem with the motor we replace the motor. There are no details on rebuilding it. You could have a bad pump. If the pump isn't turning freely you'd get the same symptoms. Disconnect the coupler between the motor shaft and the pump and see if the motor runs OK.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the motor is fine I pulled it and plugged it into 120 receptacle and when attached it spins with pump. The hi limit was reset and it tried to fire. I think I have no flame. My cad cell is OK. I get low readings when I shine flash light on it and high when in dark. I hear I hissing coming from the ignition Trans and the motor overload trips it runs for about 10 seconds.