HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have an error code 22 on a plus 90 model 350mav, installed

Customer Question

I have an error code 22 on a Bryant plus 90 model 350mav
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: installed 10/93 and yes but I have been able to find parts to fix
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on the information I can get
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: my prefewrence is yes
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

22 ABNORMAL FLAME-PROVING SIGNAL Flame is proved while gas valve is de-energized. Inducer will run until fault is

cleared. Check for: - Stuck open or leaky gas valve.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can read the error code message and suggestion on the furnace cover too. I tapped both valves with no change,. Can I take the solenoid off that unit or that that unit apart to see what is sticking?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tapped harder and it seemed to loosen up. Turned on the furnace with thermostat +1 degree higher than current temp and furnace kicked on. Turned thermostat setting to -2 lower than current temp and furnace turned off, like it is supposed to and the blowers stopped blowing after cool down. So looks like it is that sticky gas valve. What is the part number so I can order a replacement? Thanks, Garry
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you have the complete model off the unit? There is a long number with the 350mav in it

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Model: 350MAV036080
S/N 3093A02514
Series A

Due to the hour I can not narrow that serial down, as there are 3 different ones. Call this number in the morning and they can get you it for sure.

***-***-****

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.