How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 8511
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well I am a Plumber wanting to scource a Rheem Pressure

Customer Question

Well I am a Plumber wanting to scource a Rheem Pressure Relief Valve rated at 1400 kpa with a 1" extension it is off a Vulcan 125 ltr electric hot water system approx 3 yrs old. Can you please advise how to physically match up the part ? I compared RMC valves and they are different in length. Many thanks Terry
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: It has been leaking for several weeks at a pretty strong flow rate.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I do.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The discharge water is quite hot which is no surprise but I am just trying to give you revelant info
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

Hello, here is a manual for that range of water heaters, see page 3 for pressure relief valve and seal.

Tell me please if it is 1/2" male pipe thread or 3/4" male pipe thread, this on is for 1/2"

We can go from there.